Songs from Southeast Asia - Christmas Special Sat, 2017-12-23 13:12
Seasons Greetings, Selamat Hari Natal, Maligayang Pasko!
In this Christmas special, Lesther and Seto join us in sharing what celebrating Christmas in the Philippines and in Indonesia is like.
Listen back as we discuss why we like singing about snow, white christmases and the cold in the middle of the tropics, why we have people in thick Santa suits sweating it out in 30 degree weather, and consider the use of local Durian, Mango and Coconut trees to replace the usual Christmas Pine trees.
Special thanks to Wei Ping for suggesting this episode!
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (Jeremy Montiero)
- Sleigh Ride (Gypsy Pacific)
- Ang Pasko Ay Sumapit (From the 1965 album, Pasko!)
- Pasko Na Sinta Ko (Ryan Cayabyab)
- Christmas Without Daddy (Naomi and the Boys)
- Sa May Bahay Ang Aming Bati (Bayanihan Philippine Dance Company)
- Pasayloa (Bayanihan Philippine Dance Company)
- Malam Kudus (Anggun, at San Francesco Concerto, Italy)
- Doa Bapa Kami (Keroncong version)
- Dalam Doaku (Ananda Sukarlan)
- Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (Ryuchi Sakamoto)
- Srengenge Nyunar
- Little Drummer Boy (Dengue Fever)