SOAS Archive Show: Music of the Tuareg of Niger Mon, 2011-03-21 18:48
Nomades du Niger: musique des touareg; musique des bororo. OCR 29
Disques Ocora (Office de Coop?ration Radiophonique), France.
This episode features the LP Nomades du Niger: musique des touareg et des bororo, a collection of recordings made on February-March, 1963 among the Tuareg living in the Air of Niger, a mountainous massif stretching across the north-west of the country. Presented by Violeta Ruano.
MUSIC OF THE TUAREG WOMEN
1. Ouane-ouane (Tinde-Nomnas sung by the soloist Haky)
2. Aboraki (Tinde-Nomnas, 2 singers)
3. Ehayalla-Ahane (Tinde-N?Gouma, Tinde of Possession, sung by Lattou)
4. Henne-Amhee (Ezele style, to accompany men?s dance)
MUSIC OF THE TUAREG MEN
2. Tekalelt (male soloist accompanied by a woman playing a one-string fiddle)
3. Tailalt (with the inzad, a love song by Ibrahim, accompanied by Sinkirehane)
4. Ouankalanine (with the sareoua flute by Oueslamane)
5. Bororo music (Bororo Peul, or Bororodji, ?tracker?)
Documentation gathered by Talia Nikiprowetzky from OCORA with the collaboration of the Radiodiffusion of the R?publique du Niger.