Rhythm Passport Podcast Ep. 1: February Tue, 2017-01-31 17:47
For our debut on Soas Radio, we brought as gift the latest instalment of the Rhythm Passport monthly compilation: 11 tracks and more than 50 minutes bubbling over with new sounds from all over the world.
You’ll appreciate Garifuna tradition embodied by Aurelio, uptempo Caribbean beats of DJ Vadim, Mungo Hi-Fi and Ponto de Equilibrio + Alborosie and Afro-electro dancy soul of Auntie Flo.
Then, you’ll experience jazz and alt-jazz dreams and visions performed by Comet is Coming and Mina and West African atmospheres played by Ogun Afrobeat, Awa Poulo and Témé Tan, to close with the psychedelic waves set in motion by Turkish masters Baba Zula.
Intro – Joe Driscoll & Sekou Kouyate – Passport
- Aurelio – Laru Beya
- Awa Poulo – Poulo Warali
- Témé Tan – Ça Va Pas La Tête?
- Ogun Afrobeat – Open and Close
- The Comet is Coming – Space Carnival
- Mina – Ashtata/Eu Não Sou Daqui
- Ponto de Equilíbrio & Alborosie – Dome o Medo
- DJ Vadim – Kiss My Baby ft. Governor Tiggy
- Chronixx – News Carrying Dread (Mungo’s Hi Fi Remix)
- Auntie Flo – Tumbala (Auntie Flo Remix)
- Baba Zula (feat. La Yegros) – Cariño
Outro – Joe Driscoll & Sekou Kouyate – Passport