Speech Editor Internship
Position: Speech Programme Editor
Posts available: 4
Areas: Media, Development, Technical support
Type: Unpaid 4 hrs Weekly
3 of the Posts are each responsible for one regional spotlight either on Africa, Asia, Middle East & the 4th editor is responsible for Topical Specials, lectures and conferences etc. Please specify which position is of interest when applying.
The Speech Programme Editor (SPE) is responsible for coordinating and stimulating the production of quality speech programmes by individual presenters and collaborators. The SPE will also have an overview of the general body of work produced by the station, yet focus upon a particular region and how this can be transformed into further programming and documentary commissioning.
- Ideally some previous experience working on radio or any other media. Keen writer’s welcome. Experience in writing or producing for radio, films, newspapers or blogs.
- Contact and engage with speech content program presenters;
- Keep track of the online “programme proposal” (from website) forms
- Organise periodical meetings (according to production plan) with producers and presenters;
- Give presenters / producers support material and work with them in the kick-off and development of individual programmes;
- Commission research, production and recording of new speech programmes, based on suggestions by Editorial Committee and Senior management.
- Liaise with presenters to retrieve all relevant information on the programmes being made, to be included in the station’s regular programming schedule.