Music Editor Internship
The Music Editor is responsible for coordinating the production of quality music programmes by individual presenters and collaborators. The Music Editor will also have an overview of the general body of music related content produced by the station and how this can be transformed into further programme commissioning.
They will also work towards the development of our live music strands, such as producing our live session videos with musicians based at SOAS.
- Ideally some previous experience working in radio or music
- Regular contact and engagement with music presenters
- Commission research, production and recording of new music programmes
- Give presenters / producers support material and work with them in the kick-off and development of individual programmes
- Liaise with SOAS concert series producers and other contacts provided by the management in order to commission recording of live concerts, interviews or specials
- Research and contact up-and-coming musicians and bands and produce live studio session videos
This is an unpaid position, requiring 4h commitment weekly