Development Communications Internship
Position: Project Manager
Posts Available: 1
Areas: Communication for Development, Project Management, Research
Type: Unpaid 6 hrs Weekly
Location: London, SOAS Radio
This is a new post at SOAS Radio designed to support the increasing outreach and development-focused projects we are working on. The Development Communications (DC) intern will be responsible for supporting senior management will the planning and implementation of development communication projects and will also carry out research into the field of Development Communications, the role of media in development and funding available for radio and communications projects.
The role requires candidates to have background knowledge in international development, anthropology of development and/or communication for development. It is important that the DC intern is interested in this area of work and research and can work both independently and in a supportive capacity.
This role is ideal for candidates looking to pursue a career in international development, media and communications, project management, research, the volunteer sector and youth-led NGOs.
- Professional experience working in development, charity sector and/or media
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills
- Experience of writing project proposals and funding proposals
- Organisational and management experience
- Supporting management and interns in the planning and implementation of projects
- Supporting funding applications for SOAS Radio’s outreach work
- Organise trainings and meetings for volunteers involved in the outreach projects
- Research into the field of development communications and helping to create a database for SOAS Radio