The Communications Officer is responsible for promoting the radio station’s events and content. The role includes working alongside the Station Manager and other volunteers to coordinate and produce marketing material and publicity for key events during the year, i.e. World Radio Day; disseminate content through social media platforms; and research alternative channels through which to promote the radio and interesting content produced by students.
- Background in marketing, journalism and/or event planning
- Strong communication and writing skills (i.e. experience of writing a press release)
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Writing social media posts (FB/TW/IG) to promote new radio content
- Writing newsletters
- Regular contact and engagement with presenters and station management
- Keeping track of the radio’s schedule of events, activities and content
- Research places (online and offline) to promote the radio’s content and events
- Seek ways to build relations between the radio and student body at SOAS
This is an unpaid position, requiring 4h commitment weekly.